- [B1] “Wireless Health” Co-author (Springer Publication).
- [B2] “Smart Textiles and Their Applications” Co-author (Elsevier Publication).
- [J1] M. S. Mahmud, H. Wang, A. M. Esfar, “A Wireless Health Monitoring System Using Mobile Phone Accessories”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2017.
- [J2] M. S. Mahmud, H. Fang, H. Wang, S. Carreiro, E. Boyer, “Wearables Technology for Drug Detection: A Survey of Recent Advancement”, Elsevier- Journal of Smart Health, 2018.
- [J3] M. S. Mahmud, H. Fang, H. Wang, “An Integrated Wearable Sensor for Unobtrusive, Continuous Measurement of Autonomic Nervous System”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2018.
- [C1] M. S. Mahmud, H. Wang, Y. Kim, “Accelerated Prediction of Bradycardia in Preterm Infants Using Time-Frequency Analysis”, IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC), Honolulu, HI, 2019.
- [C2] M. S. Mahmud, H. Fang, H. Wang, S. Carreiro, E. Boyer, “Automatic Detection of Opioid Intake Using Wearable Biosensor”, IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC), Maui, Hawaii, 2018.
- [C3] M. S. Mahmud, H. Fang, H. Wang, S. Carreiro, E. Boyer, “SensoRing: An Integrated Wearable System for Continuous Measurement of Physiological Biomarkers”, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Kansas, USA, 2018.
- [C4] M. S. Mahmud, H. Wang, “Design of a Wireless Non-Contact Wearable System for Infants Using Adaptive Filter”, 10th EAI International Conference on Mobile Multimedia Communications (Mobimedia), Chongqing, China, 2017.
- [C5] M. S. Mahmud, H. Wang, et al. “Real Time Non-Contact Remote Cardiac Monitoring”, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2016.
- [C6] M. S. Mahmud, H. Wang, et al. “A Real Time and Non-contact Multiparameter Wearable Device for Health Monitoring”, 2016 IEEE GLOBECOM, Washington D.C., 2016.
- [C7] M. S. Mahmud, H. Wang, “An Inexpensive and Ultra - Low Power Sensor Node for Wireless Health Monitoring System”, 17th International Conference on E-health Networking, Application and Services (HealthCom), Boston, USA, 2015.
- [C8] M. S. Mahmud, H. Wang, Y. Kim, “Development of an Inkjet Printed Green Antenna and Twisting Effect for Wireless Body Area Network”, IEEE Body Sensor networks (BSN), MIT, Cambridge, USA, 2015.
- [C9] M. S. Mahmud, H. Wang, “Performance Analysis of Wearable UWB Logo Antenna for Healthcare Monitoring”, International Conference on Bio-inspired Information and Communications Technologies (BICT), Boston, MA, USA, 2014.
- [C10] M. S. Mahmud, A. Jabri, “A Novel Diamond Shape UWB MIMO Antenna with Enhanced Isolation”, Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Florida, USA, 2013.
- [C11] M. S. Mahmud et al., “Design of Compact UWB MIMO Antenna for Two Different Stub Structures”, European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Gothenburg, Sweden, 2013.
- [C12] M. S. Mahmud, F. Jabri, “Compact UWB Wearable Antenna on Leather Material for Wireless Applications”, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (APSURSI), Florida, USA, 2013.
- [C13] M. S. Mahmud, S. Dey, “Wideband Microstrip Patch Antenna for WLAN and WiMAX Applications on Liquid Crystal Polymer Substrate”, International Conference on Informatics, Electronics and Vision (ICIEV), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2013.
- [C14] M. S. Mahmud, S. Dey, “Design, Performance and Implementation of UWB Wearable Logo Textile Antenna” 15th International Symposium on Antenna Technology and Applied Electromagnetics (ANTEM), Toulouse, France, 2012.
- [C15] M. S. Mahmud, S. Dey, N, Saha, “Super Wide Band Wearable Antenna: Assessment of the Conformal Characteristics in terms of Impedance Matching and Radiation Properties”, International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), Nagoya, Japan, 2012. (Best Student Paper Award)
- [C16] M. S. Mahmud, S. Dey, “Design and Performance Analysis of a Compact and Conformal Super Wide Band Antenna for Wireless Applications” European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Prague, Czech Republic, 2012.
- [C17] M. S. Mahmud, S. Dey, “Design, Implementation and Performance Analysis of a Compact Super Wide Band Textile Antenna for Monitoring Application”, IEEE Body Sensor Network (BSN), London, UK, 2012.
- [P1] M. S. Mahmud, H. Wang, “Smart Security and Health Monitoring Device”, US 62/341,309.
Conference Papers (Peer-reviewed):
The advancement in wireless body sensor network and micro fabrication techniques have created a great opportunity for using miniaturized wireless microelectronic devices in a variety of health and life science applications. With big data and machine learning exponential growth in healthcare and clinical treatments, accurate analysis of clinical data helps in early disease detection, patient care, and community services. Keeping this mind, our research interests lie in 1) designing and implementing novel sensors and remote health monitoring systems, (2) IoT based wearable biosensor for personalized mobile health, (3) reliable and secure data communication, and (4) early disease detection using machine learning.
Real-time Wireless Health Monitoring: An Ultra-low Power Biosensor Ring for Heart Disease Monitoring
Robust Classification of Electrocardiogram Signal with Neural Network
Real Time Automatic Phonocardiogram Classification Using a CNN-LSTM Network
SensoRing: An Integrated Wearable System for Continuous Measurement of Physiological Biomarkers
Connor LennoxUndergraduate Research Student
Patrick ScottUndergraduate Research Student
Brian CoffenUndergraduate Research Student
Sajila WickramaratnePhD Research Student
News & Updates
- 2018 IEEE ICC Student Travel Grant, sponsored by IEEE ComSoc, May 2018.
- 2018 Student Travel Awards, sponsored by Sensors, March 2018.
- Student Travel Scholarship sponsored by Lockheed Martin at FlexTech’s 16th annual Flexible & Printed Electronics Conference & Exhibition, California, USA, June 2017.
- PhD Distinguish Doctoral Fellowship - UMass Dartmouth (2016-2018).
- Winner of the University of Rhode Island Hackathon-2017 (2nd)
- Global Startup WINNER in innovation track, 2015-Team Leader of “Smart Case” (Awarded ~ USD 50,000). (1st)
- Winner of the 3 Minutes Thesis (3MT) at UMass Dartmouth (2017).(1st)
- Winner of the Sigma Xi at UMass Dartmouth (2016). 1st
- Winner of the 3 Minutes Thesis (3MT) at UMass Dartmouth (2016). (1st)
- Winner of the Best Design Award of MIT Hackathon, 2015-Team Leader of “Big Ears”. (1st)
- Best Poster Presentation award - ISAP 2012, Nagoya, Japan.
- Young Scientist Award - ISAP 2012, Nagoya, Japan.
- Young Scientist Travel Grant - ISAP 2012, Nagoya, Japan.
- Student Travel Grant - EuCAP 2012, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Summa Cum Laude from AIUB.
- Winner of the IEEE AP-S (Antenna Propagation Society) Design Contest-2010.